California Family Law Lawyer Representing Family Cases In Laguna Beach
The seaside resort city of Laguna Beach, in California’s Orange County (otherwise known as “The O.C.”) is known for its idyllic climate, scenic drives, and thriving artistic community. Each year a number of large events take place including Festival of the Arts, the Sawdust Art Festival, Kelpfest, and Art-A-Fair.
As of the 2010 US Census just under 23,000 people lived in the area with 5,791 households being families. There were 43.6% opposite sex married couples and 2.8% same sex married couples or partnerships. Unfortunately, statistics show that these “O.C.” marriages are rockier than those in other counties throughout the country.
Divorce Rate in Orange County amongst Highest in United States
The national average divorce rate hovers around the 50% rate depending on the year. In Orange County, nearly 72% of marriages will end in divorce. One statistic even found that on an average day 33 people in Orange County initiate divorce proceedings (this includes weekends).
The Basics of a California Divorce
If you are facing or contemplating divorce, here are some key facts you need to know before you file:
- Spouses cannot pursue a divorce until either party has been an official resident of the state for at least six months before filing
- California is a “no-fault” divorce state. This means that the filing party does not have to prove that the fault of the other party is what resulted in the divorce
- Spouses can file under two grounds: Irreconcilable differences or incurable insanity. Filing for incurable insanity requires valid proof
When anticipating or enduring a divorce in California, it is important to know that many other factors, including property division and child custody, will be assessed and must be decided upon before a divorce agreement can be developed. If an agreement cannot be reached, the court will intervene.
Call Landon Family Law Today
Divorce can be incredibly complex, especially if there are children and considerable assets involved. This is why it is important to enlist in the help of an experienced and knowledgeable divorce lawyer at Landon Family Law.
Landon Family Law helps families in Orange County reach amiable decisions when it comes to property division, child custody, support orders, and other divorce issues. We are committed to the wellness of families in our county and will work tirelessly to ensure the growth and happiness of all individuals involved during and after the divorce process.
To speak with a divorce attorney today, we invite you to call (949) 257-5188.
Directions To Law Office of Landon C. Villavaso 27201 Puerta Real Ste 300, Mission Viejo, CA 92691, USA
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Laguna Beach, CA
Total Est. Time: 17 min
Total Est. Distance: 10.7 mi
- Take Forest Ave to CA-133 N/Laguna Canyon Rd
- Head north-east on Forest Ave towards Glenneyre St
- Turn left to stay on Forest Ave
- Turn right onto Broadway St
- Continue onto CA-133 N/Laguna Canyon Rd
- Get on CA-73 S in Aliso Viejo
- Turn right onto El Toro Rd
- Turn right to merge onto CA-73 S
- Continue on CA-73 S to Laguna Niguel. Take exit 2 from CA-73 S
- Merge onto CA-73 S
- Take exit 2 for Greenfield Dr
- Take Crown Valley Pkwy to Puerta Real in Mission Viejo
- Use any lane to turn right onto Greenfield Dr
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Crown Valley Pkwy
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Puerta Real
- Make a U-turn
- Destination will be on the right
Call us today (949) 257-5188
We are located at:
Law Office of Landon C. Villavaso
27201 Puerta Real Ste 300
Mission Viejo, CA 92691